GROUP VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Large group volunteer opportunities to help support THE CENTER
NEIGHBORHOOD FOOD DRIVE
Join our Neighborhood Food Drive! When you choose to join the NFD, you will be directly impacting our neighbors at the food pantry by helping keep our shelves stocked!
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Distribute flyers. We will provide flyers to deliver to your assigned neighborhood. Your team will pass these flyers out to all the houses in your assigned neighborhood. These flyers will include information about The Center along with the pick up date for the food drive.
2. Pick up food. A few days later, your team will return to your assigned neighborhood & pick up the food donations left out on the neighbor’s porches.
3. Stock the donations. The day of pick up (or on another designated day), your team will come to The Center & help stock the food donations you have collected.
For large groups, you can do all 3 steps. For smaller groups, we can partner you with another small group & let you choose only one or two of the steps to complete.
NEIGHBORHOOD INFO DROP
Jump in & help with our Neighborhood Info Drop! Many of our neighbors are unaware of the food pantry or the many other resources we offer – help us get the word out!
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Gather your team. Your team with meet up at The Center where we will provide you with informational flyers & a map to your assigned neighborhood.
2. Share the info. After you receive your flyers & map, your team will head out to the neighborhood & drop flyers at each individual home.
NORTH TEXAS FOOD BANK VOLUNTEER
Volunteer at the North Texas Food Bank & your volunteerism helps in two ways! First, you’ll be helping the NTFB sort & pack food that will evenutually be distributed to The Center & other food pantries in the area. Second, you’ll help us earn credit from NTFB that we can use to restock our shelves! Sort and pack food at our facility located in Plano, Tuesdays – Saturdays: 9:00 – 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 – 3:30 p.m. Contact The Center for more details & instructions on how to sign up to ensure The Center is credited for your hours as well.
For more details & to schedule your volunteer opportunity, please call Richard Dunn at 972-932-8866 or