- 2003/4: Local churches began to assess the needs in the community and discuss ways to address those needs.
- 2005: Churches came together in a spirit of cooperation to establish the Kaufman Christian Help Center, responding to Katrina evacuees seeking shelter in the Kaufman area.
The Center was incorporated as a 501c3 nonprofit. The first FT Executive Director was hired.
- 2006: The Center moved into a facility in downtown Kaufman and opened as a community food pantry and began its partnership with the North Texas Food Bank.
- 2010: The Center purchased its current property, a 3200 sq. ft. facility to expand the food pantry.
- 2012: The Center established programs to provide school supplies for local students, Thanksgiving meals for families and Christmas toys for local children.
- 2017: The Center expanded vision to include partnering with resources that will help our neighbors move from dependency to a self-sustaining life.